This Privacy Notice sets out the principles of personal data processing by Kocur i Wspólnicy Sp.k. (Kocur & Partners). It applies to individuals who engage our legal services or who are recipients of our marketing communications.
We process personal data according to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the General Data Protection Regulation) (the GDPR).
Personal data controller
The personal data controller is Kocur i Wspólnicy Sp.k. with its registered office in Warsaw. You can contact us:
- by post: ul. Wspólna 35/7, 00-519 Warsaw,
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- by phone: + (48) (22) 622-15-62.
Purposes and basis for data processing
We collect and process your personal data as part of our activities:
- in order to perform a contract with you and provide our services;
- for marketing purposes;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- for pursuing claims or defending against claims.
We collect and process personal data for these purposes only where we have a valid legal basis to do so, i.e.:
- where we have your consent;
- where we need your personal data to perform a contract and provide our services;
- where processing your data is in our legitimate interest (and not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms);
- where we have a legal obligation to process your personal data.
Data retention periods
Data retention periods depend on the purpose of the processing. We will process your data for as long as we need them in order to provide our services and until the expiry of limitation periods related to the contract, until our legitimate interests are fulfilled, or for the time required by law. We will stop processing your personal data also where you object to the processing (unless we have compelling grounds to retain the data) or where you withdraw your consent.
We may disclose your personal data to third party services providers who provide us with services necessary to perform the contract with you or to conduct our business, e.g. IT services provider, accounting and tax services provider, couriers. We may also disclose your personal data to any competent legal authorities (e.g. courts), in connection with the nature of the services that we provide to you.
As a rule, we do not transfer personal data to countries outside the EEA. If a transfer to countries outside the EEA takes place, we will ensure that it is carried out in accordance with applicable data protection laws, i.e. that the European Commission has issued an adequacy decision for that country or that appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual clauses are in place.
You are entitled to:
- access your data and receive a copy thereof;
- rectify (correct) your data;
- ask us to delete your data if you believe there are no grounds for us to process it;
- restrict data processing – you can ask us to limit the processing of your personal data only to their storage or to performing certain actions agreed with you, if in your opinion your data is incorrect or we process it without a legal basis, or if you do not want us to delete your data, because they are needed to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or for the time of verifying your objection to the processing of data;
- ask us to transmit your data to another controller;
- withdraw your consent;
- object to the processing of your data, if the basis for the processing is our legitimate interest;
- lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office (pol. Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych) or another competent supervisory authority, if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the law.
In order to exercise your rights, please send your request to the following email address: email@example.com. Please note that we are entitled to verify your identity before handling your request regarding exercising your rights.
When processing data, we do not make decisions in an automated manner and we do not perform profiling.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
Any changes to the Privacy Notice will be published on the Kocur & Partners website.